Coming up on World Tech Update this week Wikileaks' Assange loses his appeal to block extradition, Amazon offers free books in its Kindle Owner's Library, IBM's Watson challenges Harvard and MIT in Jeopardy, HTC ranks as the top smartphone vendor, Toyota plans to offer healthcare robots by 2013 and an iPad-controlled robot lets you spy on your friends.
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange lost an appeal that tried to block his extradition to Sweden on potential charges of rape and molestation
- Amazon is considering launching a digital eBook library that will allow Kindle and other eReader owners to rent books to read on their devices.
- IBM’s Watson beat a trio of Harvard Business School contestants in a mock Jeopardy competition Monday.
- HTC's strategy of flooding the U.S. market with lots of devices and hoping some of them hit is really paying off.
- Toyota Motor Corp. is bringing high tech to health care, as it works on a family of robots geared to lift patients and help the paralyzed walk.
- The Rover App-Controlled Spy Tank is WiFi-controlled toy for iPad and iPhone users.