Tesco has confirmed the bigger and better second-generation of its Hudl budget Android tablet. Here we reveal everything you need to know about the Hudl 2 including UK release date, price and specs. See: Tesco Hudl 2 hands-on review: Potentially the best budget tablet you can buy and Tesco Hudl 2 live launch: As it happened.
Budget tablets have shown great improvement over the past year, with the original £119 Tesco Hudl one of the star performers. Tesco sold an impressive 35,000 Hudl units in two days, and 750,000 units in total since launch. It says it was the fastest-selling tablet at Tesco. See: The 10 best budget tablets 2014: Here are the best cheap tablets available to buy in the UK right now
Tesco Hudl 2: UK release date
Tesco has confirmed that the Hudl 2 will go on sale on 9 October in store and online.
Tesco Hudl 2: UK price
The Hudl 2 is slightly more expensive than the original, now £129 rather than £119. As before, you can make part payment in Clubcard vouchers, meaning the Hudl 2 will cost you as little as £65 worth of vouchers. It also comes with £60 of vouchers in the box (some do require a minimum spend).
• £25 free blinkbox credit to spend on movies, books and music
• £10 off F&F when you spend £50
• £10 off Tesco Direct when you spend £50
• £15 of Tesco.com when you spend £60
• 10 free 4 x 6 photos when you buy 50 at Tesco Photo
Tesco Hudl 2: Specifications
We can confirm that the Intel-powered Hudl 2 is three times faster than the original Hudl tablet, according to Tesco. It also has, as expected, a larger 8.3in full-HD screen. It also has Dolby sound it is now a great device on which to watch movies and play games. (The original Hudl had a 1.5GHz quad-core processor and 7in IPS display.)
The Hudl 2 also features improved 1.2Mp front- and 5Mp rear cameras, and will come in eight colours, including orange and purple. Four cases will be available, costing from £10- to £30. There's 16GB of internal storage as standard, with a microSD slot letting you add a further 32GB. The Hudl 2 has some great child-safety features, which let you set time limits and whitelists.
• 8.3 inch 1920 x 1200 (Full HD) screen
• Intel Atom quad-core processor up to 1.83 GHz, 2 GB of RAM
• Android Kitkat 4.4.2 operating system
• Stereo speakers with Dolby optimised audio
• 5 Mp rear facing camera and 1.2 Mp front facing camera
• 16 GB storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
• 8 hour battery life
• Dual band Wi-Fi, micro-HDMI
• 8 colours: Jazzy Blue, Zesty Orange, Slate Black, Rocket Red, Tropical Turquoise, Dreamy White, Perky Purple and Bubblegum Pink.
• Pre-loaded with Parental filter and controls