Windows Vista Service Pack 2 is now available for download.
The Vista SP2 update include new support for recording Blu-ray discs straight from the Vista OS, updated support for Bluetooth v2.1, and bug fixes that address slow shutdowns and mysterious crashes.
You can download Vista SP2 directly from Microsoft (348MB) or it will be automatically delivered to your Vista PC or laptop via Windows Update within a few weeks, according to Microsoft. You must have Vista SP1 installed on your system to install the SP2 Vista.
Additional Vista SP2 Updates include:
- Fixes Wi-Fi issues when Vista awakes from sleep mode.
- Improves performance of Vista desktop sidebar gadget allowing for RSS feeds to perform better.
- Address overall Vista system performance issues. Microsoft says SP2 repairs nearly 700 nagging Vista bugs and security updates.
- Boosts power management efficiency by 10 percent.
- Give your computer support for VIA Technologies' new 64-bit CPU
- Let your system support exFAT, which can handle larger files and can also use UTC timestamps so you can synchronize files across different time zones.