We rounded up more than 50 of our favourite tools and tips for unlocking extra value from popular browsers, productivity applications and multimedia tools.
Make your software do more... for free
Five essential multimedia add-ons
1. Picasa to flickr: The Picasa to flickr plug-in for Picasa is free, handy, and platform-independent. It uses a simple Java applet to let you zip files from the popular image editor directly to the equally popular Flickr photo-sharing service.
2. The Filter: Your party starts in 15 minutes and you forgot to make the music playlist. No problem - seed The Filter: an iTunes and Windows Media Player add-on with a handful of tunes you like. Not only will it generate a killer party sound track, but it will dredge up hot tracks that you might even have forgotten you had.
3. EvilLyrics: This free download gets rid of the junk code that accompanies most lyrics search results by looking for lyrics in the background whenever you play a song in iTunes, WinAmp, Windows Media Player, or another application. The results aren't perfect, but EvilLyrics is on target more often than not.
4. ffdshow: Dodge the hassle of juggling multiple video formats by turning to ffdshow, a versatile plug-in that supports most video players and provides all the video codecs you are likely to need.
5. Plugin Galaxy: This collection of free effects and filters for Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro offers a range of warping and blurring effects, plus handy features like a "page curl" for image corners, all accessible within Plugin Galaxy's single interface.
- Make your software do more... for free
- Browser boosters, part I
- Browser boosters, part II
- Five essential browser add-ons
- Office optimisers
- More office optimisers
- Five essential office add-ons
- Multimedia muscle builders
- More multimedia muscle builders
- Five essential multimedia add-ons