XP boot screen changes
Got a problem with Windows? There's no need to put up with elements that don't suit you. We've got the tools to help you get XP or Vista looking and acting just right.
Have Windows your way. Today
With the help of a third-party app, Windows XP users can change their boot screens as well. Download, install and run the free program BootSkin (find it at stardock.com). Scroll to any boot screen and click Preview for a larger view. Once you've found one you want to use, click Apply.
The next time you boot your system it will use your new boot screen. But you're not limited to the boot screens in the program. Click 'Browse boot screen library' and you'll be redirected to the WinCustomize BootSkins Gallery; it has thousands of boot skins. Choose one (or create your own) and you'll be set with a new boot screen.
- Resize your desktop icons
- Remove your icon shortcut arrows
- Unclutter XP's Control Panel
- Cascading Control Panel
- Animate Vista's network icon
- Change your Windows boot screen
- XP boot screen changes
- Speed up Vista search
- Get a Caps Lock warning
- Speed up Vista
- Improve Explorer's Send to menu
- Right-click to open a command prompt
- Tweak Vista for peak performance
- Tweak XP and Vista to network nicely
- Patch XP for a Vista network