Remove your icon shortcut arrows
Got a problem with Windows? There's no need to put up with elements that don't suit you. We've got the tools to help you get XP or Vista looking and acting just right.
Have Windows your way. Today
If the large shortcut arrows on your Vista desktop icons offend your aesthetic sensibilities, get rid of them using the Vista Shortcut Overlay Remover. Run this app and choose to make the shortcut arrow smaller and lighter or remove it altogether.
At first, you'll see a shortcut arrow, but the Windows Vista Shortcut Remover will soon get rid of it.
As you might suspect, Vista Shortcut Overlay Remover won't work with Windows XP, but XP users can use Microsoft's free Tweak UI PowerToy to accomplish the same thing.
Run TweakUI and choose Explorer, Shortcut. Choose 'Light arrow' or select 'None' to remove it completely. Log off and log on again for your changes to take effect.
- Resize your desktop icons
- Remove your icon shortcut arrows
- Unclutter XP's Control Panel
- Cascading Control Panel
- Animate Vista's network icon
- Change your Windows boot screen
- XP boot screen changes
- Speed up Vista search
- Get a Caps Lock warning
- Speed up Vista
- Improve Explorer's Send to menu
- Right-click to open a command prompt
- Tweak Vista for peak performance
- Tweak XP and Vista to network nicely
- Patch XP for a Vista network