Nokia's not so secret Lumia 928 has been unveiled with specs, release date and price.
Ahead of the London event next week, Nokia has taken the wraps off its Lumia 928. The device is its new flagship Windows Phone 8 smartphone and will be released exclusively in the US with Verizon on 16 May. Across the pond it will be available from $99 on a two year contract.
Nokia is calling the follow-up to the Lumia 920 a "new expression of the world's most innovative smartphone."
The Lumia 928's unique selling point is its 8.7Mp PureView camera with a Carl Zeiss Tessar f/2.0 lens, Optical Image stabilization and Xenon Flash. Nokia claims it captures 'bright, blur-free photos and videos, even in low light conditions'.
"Whether you're attending a party, a concert or a sporting event with friends, the Nokia Lumia 928 excels at capturing high-quality video, audio and blur-free photos of life's most share-worthy moments," said Matt Rothschild, vice president, Nokia North America.
Other specifications include a 4.5in OLED touchscreen with a resolution of 1280 x 768 (344ppi), a 1.5GHz Qualcomm dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage.
Like the Lumia 920, it comes with wireless charging built-in but doesn't come in a broad range of bright colours which Nokia traditionally offers – just black and white as far as we can see.
The smartphone runs on Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 operating system and comes pre-loaded with Nokia apps such as Maps, Drive, Music and City Lens.
Nokia Lumia 928 specs
• Display: 4.5 inch WXGA HD OLED; Resolution 1280 x 768, Aspect Ratio 15:9, Pixel Density 334 ppi; ClearBlack display, Sunlight Readability Enhancement (SRE), High Brightness Mode (HBM); Luminance 300 nits (nominal max), 500 nits (High Brightness Mode); Color depth 24 bit, 16M colors, refresh rate 60Hz; Super-sensitive capacitive touch enables interacting with the display with gloves and long fingernails; Display active area: 58.37 mm x 97.28 mm; 2.5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2
• Battery: Integrated 2000mAh battery, Li-po, BV 4-NW
• Processor:1.5GHz dual core, Qualcomm MSM8960+WTR
• Main Camera: PureView 8.7MP Auto Focus with Carl Zeiss Tessar f/2.0, 26mm True 16:9 optics, 1.4 sensor; Optical Image stabilization; Xenon Flash for Still Images, 1.4 sensor; Optical Image stabilization; Xenon Flash for Still Images; LED for Video; HD 1080p Video Capture @ 30 fps
• Front facing camera: 720p HD video and 1.2MP still images
• Memory: 1 GB RAM; 32GB internal memory (formatted capacity is less); 7GB free in SkyDrive with additional storage via subscription