A prototype of Google's upcoming Nexus 5 smartphone has been leaked online.
Samsung has finally announced the Galaxy S4 but already thoughts have been turned to Google's Nexus 5. An image and specifications of a Nexus 5 prototype have been leaked, according to Android and Me.
The source claims to be a Google employee and says the prototype is for real but the site hasn't been able to confirm if it's genuine or not. "There is a good chance that some basement dweller is trolling us hard, but this person has an interesting story so we thought it needed to be shared." said Android and Me.
The Nexus 5 will be released in October and could be made by LG, which was behind the Nexus 4. Google is apparently considering prototypes from different manufacturers.
If LG is selected it would be the first time that Google has partnered with the same manufacturer consecutively. The Nexus 5 should bring with it a new version of Android, codenamed Key Lime Pie.
LG's Nexus 5 prototype is strangely codenamed 'Megalodon'. Rumoured specifications for the Nexus 5 include a 5.2in OLED Full HD screen, a 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 3GB of RAM and 16Mp rear camera with the ability to shoot 4k video.
The Nexus 5 certainly sounds mouth-watering and although it's a fairly basic render the image looks like a possible design, but we're not sure how seriously to take this leak. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Google Nexus 5 specs
- 5.2″ OLED Display with 1920×1080 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 @ 2.3 GHz
- 3GB LPDDR3 Ram
- 16/32/64GB of internal storage
- 16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording, optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
- 2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
- 3300 mAh Lithium Polymer battery
- Front positioned stereo speakers
- Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
- Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
- Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)