At first glance, the Apple iPhone 3G S may not appear to be much different to its predecessor the Apple iPhone 3G and the original Apple iPhone, but Apple's newly unveiled smartphone offers a slew of new features plus speed. Here's a gallery of the new arrivals.
Apple iPhone 3G S: Find My iPhone
The iPhone 3G S makes finding a lost iPhone a little bit easier. A new Find My iPhone feature lets you locate a lost phone on a map within MobileMe, then send a special message that'll appear on the device's display.
You can remotely sound an alarm to help find the phone, too, even if it's set to silent. Find My iPhone also includes a Remote Wipe option that can remotely clear all of your content.
Apple iPhone 3G S: Movie Purchasing and Renting
Watching movies gets simpler with the new iPhone 3.0 update included with the 3G S phone. The OS now allows you to purchase or rent movies directly from your device, then download them wirelessly via iTunes.
Apple has also included parental controls to let mums and dads restrict what kids can download.
Next: Push Notifications and Tethering >>
- New features of Apple's next-gen smartphone
- Apple iPhone 3G S: The Need For Speed & MMS
- Apple iPhone 3G S: Better Graphics, Better Battery Life; Cut, Copy, and Paste
- Apple iPhone 3G S: Landscape Keyboard; Spotlight Search
- Apple iPhone 3G S: Hands-Free Voice Control; Digital Compass
- Apple iPhone 3G S: Find My iPhone; Movie Purchasing and Renting
- Apple iPhone 3G S: Push Notifications and Tethering