There's no two ways about it. The Apple MacBook Air is a stunning piece of kit. But PC laptop makers have been churning out stylish ultraportable PCs in their droves. And the MacBook Air has some stiff competition. Here's our guide to the MacBook Air's closest challengers.
Is the Apple MacBook Air the best?
The MacBook Air is Apple's first foray into a crowded ultraportable market that has seen its share of very light, very capable products from companies including Sony, Lenovo, and Fujitsu, among others. Here's a fast look at how they stack up.
MacBook Air: sleek & light
The MacBook Air is lightweight and well-balanced. Indeed, one member of staff had no problems lifting this 1.3kg laptop one-handed... and she's a girl. Unlike most notebook computers, the MacBook Air has a clean, tapered, uniform look when closed.
Read our Apple MacBook Air review here.
- MacBook Air: sleek & light
- MacBook Air: what's missing, what's there
- Fujitsu Q2010: mighty close
- Fujitsu Q2010: major features
- Lenovo Thinkpad X61: the current champ
- Sony VGN-TZ150N/B: beauty contest
- Sony VGN-TZ150N/B: major features
- See our Laptop Advisor website for expert reviews of today’s best laptops, plus read our essential advice to make sure you choose the right specs