Google isn't just a great search engine you know, it's also loaded with jokes, secret functionality and cunning tweaks. Here are Google's 17 best Easter eggs.
Buried deep in Google
Want to know how Google maintains a sense of humour in the cut-throat world of the web? Here's how: the main Google website and many of Google's software programs are chock full of lovely, gags, goofs and Easter eggs.
Of course, Google always has a good idea. Thousands of our readers have enjoyed past explorations of wonders like "The 16 best starscapes in Google Sky".
So when we heard stories of hidden teddy bears, a Google Romance beta service, and early morning appearances of the Loch Ness monster on Google home pages, we had to check them out. And most of them turned out to be true. Take a look.
NEXT PAGE: Google's official Easter Egg game > >
- Buried deep in Google
- Google's official Easter Egg game
- Google's 3am girls, boys and monsters
- Spam by the kilogram
- Google searches in Klingon or Fudd
- Google Gulp for smarter searching
- Come fly with me (across Google Earth)
- It all adds up with Google Calculator
- Google gets romantic
- Unsanctioned Googles: Goth y Loco
- Google Street Views credits
- Picasa's mysterious bear(s)
- Psychic Google
- The many faces of Pegman
- Classic Google Maps Easter egg
- Free broadband Wi-Fi goes to pot
- Spam for school dinner again
- The GoogleTV Beta that never was
- PC Advisor's Google news spotlight