There's much more to Google's free email service than an inbox. Here's how to turn Gmail into a major productivity booster.
Improving on near-perfection
Even if you're expert at wrangling Gmail's advanced features, some things in the webmail service need fixing.
For example, when you click a mailto: link on a web page, why doesn't a new message open in Gmail? When you're looking for an important spreadsheet, wouldn't it be great if you could see what kind of files were attached to messages in the list display, instead of seeing just a paper-clip icon?
And why isn't Google's excellent Calendar application integrated with your Gmail page?
- Read, label, archive Gmail
- Assigning Gmail labels
- Fetch mail from other accounts
- Label Gmail automatically via filters
- Creating Gmail filters
- Gmail digs IMAP
- IMAP and POP3 support for Gmail
- Chat with your AIM buddies
- Improving on near-perfection
- Get the latest internet news and reviews on Broadband Advisor
- Visit Business Advisor for the latest IT news and reviews to help your business grow