There's much more to Google's free email service than an inbox. Here's how to turn Gmail into a major productivity booster.
After a long courtship, I recently pledged my everlasting love for Gmail, forsaking all other email systems (well, almost) in favour of Google's free, web-hosted service.
But as in any relationship, my passion for Gmail is constrained by practical concerns. Although it possesses many excellent qualities, Gmail is far from perfect. Fortunately, I've uncovered some strategies that will give my walk down the aisle with Gmail a good chance of yielding a happily ever after.
- Read, label, archive Gmail
- Assigning Gmail labels
- Fetch mail from other accounts
- Label Gmail automatically via filters
- Creating Gmail filters
- Gmail digs IMAP
- IMAP and POP3 support for Gmail
- Chat with your AIM buddies
- Improving on near-perfection
- Get the latest internet news and reviews on Broadband Advisor
- Visit Business Advisor for the latest IT news and reviews to help your business grow