EA's games always include a prominent warning that the online features and multiplayer facilities may be retired at any time. The company has announced the latest batch of titles to get the chop, with 15 going offline in August and a further 2 in October.
Titles that go offline on August 11 include Army of Two (PS3, 360); the Army of Two Demo (360); Battlefield 2142 demo (PC); Battlefield 2: Modern Combat and its demo (360); Medal of Honor Airborne (PSP); Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (PSP, Wii); NASCAR 09 (PS3, 360, North America only); NCAA Basketball 10 (PS3, 360); NCAA Football 10 (PS3, 360); Need for Speed Most Wanted (PC, 360); Need for Speed Undercover (PSP); Skate (PS3, 360); Tiger Woods 10 (PSP, PS3, 360, Wii); and the Tiger Woods 11 demo (PS3, 360).
On October 1, Madden NFL 10 for PS3 and 360 along with NHL 10 for PS3 and 360 will close their virtual doors for good.
You'll still be able to play the single player modes in these titles but online features will be disabled after the dates above.
EA claims that these games represent fewer than 1% of their online traffic and that it's not feasible to expend resources on keeping these games up and running. "We would rather our hard-working engineering and IT staff focus on keeping a positive experience for the other 99% of customers playing our more popular games," reads the statement.
You can see the full list of games that EA has already shut down here.
This article originally appeared on GamePro.com as EA Closing 17 Online Servers