Members of Microsoft's Robotics Group are confident robotics is going to be the big story of the next five years. Visit PC Advisor's Microsoft spotlight for the latest Microsoft news and opinion.
Pink cheeks and a bright yellow smile
With pink cheeks, a bright yellow smile and heart shapes in its eyes, the iRobi Q is designed to make people feel comfortable around it. Microsoft is using it as a prototype for developing software that will make iRobi Q useful. Trower says we may have this or similar robots in our homes in three to five years.
NEXT PAGE: first simulate, then build > >
- Inside Microsoft's Robotics Group
- Robots as toys
- May the force be with you
- Understanding the fundamentals
- A PC on wheels
- Pink cheeks and a bright yellow smile
- First simulate, then build
- Back of the net
- Two wheels good, two arms better
- Caring for the elderly
- Here to help
- Life as a learning experience