To help you work out what will and won’t run on your PC and to give you a general overview of how well it is performing, PC Advisor has introduced a free diagnostic tool. PC Performance Monitor profiles up to three computers, keeping you up to date with the goings on in your system’s innards.
How to use PC Performance Monitor
1. You'll need to register at pcadvisor.co.uk to use PC Performance Monitor. Click Register at the top right of the home page. Be sure to tick the box that enables you to use PC Performance Monitor. Registered users will need to log in and enable the utility on the My Profile page.
2. Now head to www.pcadvisor.co.uk/pc-performance-monitor and hit the Monitor My PC tab. Your unique CustomerID should be displayed. Click the link and follow the instructions to download and install the PC Performance Monitor application: this is a small piece of software that collects performance data from your system.
3. You should see five performance monitors for your PC. The app takes roughly an hour to start sending back information about your system's performance, so the boxes will remain blank for now. You can install PC Performance Monitor on up to three PCs. And don't worry - the utility can't access other data on your system.
NEXT PAGE: PC Performance Monitor applications
- What's going on inside your PC?
- How to use PC Performance Monitor
- PC Performance Monitor applications
- System Monitor, and Tasks & Alerts
- Testing for Windows 7 compatibility
- Visit PC Performance Monitor now!