Lexmark has announced its full 2009 range, representing eight new printers for home office and small- to medium-sized businesses.
The new range of Lexmark all-in-one (AIO) inkjet printers includes three web-connected AIOs with myTouch capacitive 4.3-inch touchscreen technology.
Lexmark's myTouch with SmartSolutions technology includes easy-to-read graphical icons for basic functions and 'as needed' navigation for a "more user-friendly experience".
With SmartSolutions, Lexmark is introducing its enterprise workflow solutions to SMB customers at more affordable price points to save them time, money and make them more efficient.
SmartSolutions technology has also been built to leverage third-party developers that can create tailored applications. Examples of current widget-like, customised solutions include:
- Shortcuts and workflows - time-saving customisable productivity features such as group faxing, scan to email templates and more.
- ID card copy - scan the ID card and print both sides of the ID on a single sheet of paper; "ideal for small businesses such as doctor offices where this feature immediately cuts up to 50 per cent paper usage of this everyday task," claims Lexmark.
- RSS feeds - business, weather, sports news, a company intranet - or whatever else the user wants to access via RSS is available directly on the touchscreen and can even be emailed directly from the printer.
The web-connected touchscreen is available on three of the new models: Interact, Prestige and Platinum, at price points ranging from £199 to £399.
Vizix, the new ink technology
The entire new line of products features the patented Vizix print technology that includes separate ink cartridges, fast speed and impressive quality across the entire 2009 AIO line.
With the new Vizix system users replace only what ink needs replacing. Across the line customers can select high-yield black cartridges to extend the life of the ink.
New SMB features
While all products in the line share the same print speed, quality and wireless capability, there are a host of additional features that users can choose from:
Wireless - Lexmark is the first printer manufacturer to deliver wireless capability across the entire line of new AIOs. Additionally, this Lexmark line features all wireless products as well as a broad line of Wireless-N products (including Platinum, Prestige, Prevail and Interact), offering longer range and more reliable signals for faster file transfer rates.
Eco Mode - The new Eco Mode allows users to save paper and energy with a touch of the button. Eco Mode automates two-sided printing, faxing and copying, saving businesses up to 50 per cent of their paper usage and lowering overall costs.
Business card scan - Lexmark's business card scanning solution automatically uploads contact information to the most commonly used address book applications.
One penny-per-page - Lexmark claims that its new AIOs deliver the inkjet industry's best mono printing cost. Since SMBs typically print black and white documents, professionals can purchase the lowest black printing cost in the industry, with high-yield black cartridge replacements for £4.99 and enjoy long-life ink performance, the company boasts.
Eight new AIOs:
2009 Professional Series - 5-year guarantee
• Platinum (top picture) - £399, top-of-the-line wireless 4-in-1 with 4.3-inch web-connected LCD touchscreen equipped with SmartSolutions, dual paper trays, automatic document feeder, energy-saving Eco Mode button, integrated Business Card Scan solution (not compatible with Mac or Linux)
• Prestige - £299, wireless 3-in-1 with SmartSolutions touchscreen and lowest black ink cost in the inkjet industry
• Prevail - £199, wireless 4-in-1 with advanced networking capability
• Prospect - £169, wireless 4-in-1 with integrated business card scanner
2009 Home Office Series - 3-year guarantee
• Interact - £199, wireless 3-in-1 with SmartSolutions touchscreen
• Intuition - £149, wireless 3-in-1 with two-sided printing and colour LCD
• Interpret - £129, compact wireless 4-in-1 for office productivity
• Impact )lower picture) - £99, compact wireless 3-in-1 for everyday tasks.