Our Firefox guide shows you where to go for the best upgrades for your web browser.
1. You can enhance Firefox by adding various widgets and extensions. These run as small applets within the browser. Useful sites include extensionroom.mozdev.org and Kyle's Cove, where you’ll find a list of popular extensions from around the web.
2. Find the extension you want and click the Install Now button. After Firefox restarts, go to Tools, Add-on, Extensions to view your add-ons. Many are installed immediately after you restart the browser, while others require you to select options first – click Options and follow the instructions.
3. If you’d like to view weather reports from within Firefox, Forecastfox Enhanced is a great little extension. Download and install it, then click the Options button. Under the Forecast Location option, hit Find Code and enter your location to receive localised weather updates.
4. As well as providing a three-day forecast in the status bar, Forecastfox has a radar button. Move your mouse over this to see satellite pictures of your location. If you wish to see these as animations rather than stills, go to the Options dialog box and click Radar. Under the heading Radar Image, select Animated.
5. If you perform a lot of repetitive tasks in your browser, iMacros is a great timesaver. It works by recording a macro, a series of actions that can be played back at any time. As well as filling forms and downloading pages, it can extract data from a site and export it to a spreadsheet.
6. To make a simple site-specific macro, enter the name of the website you are visiting, select the Rec tab and click Record. Click on the URL and go to your page, perform the action you wish to record and click Stop, Save. Give your macro a memorable name. When you wish to use it, simply select the macro and click Play.
7. Facebook users can keep tabs on friends and messages with the Facebook Toolbar. Install the extension and it will provide quick links to your home page, friends, photos and networks. The Share button is another useful feature, allowing you to instantly send a page to your friends.
8. If you download a lot of extensions, your browser may become rather unwieldy. To get rid of unwanted extensions, go to Tools, Add-ons, Extensions and select the ones you no longer need. Click the Disable button to prevent them loading (many do this automatically) or Uninstall to remove them.