Learning to take memorable photographs and edit them to achieve particular effects can be a life-long process. But as you leanr more about photography, taking digital stills becomes highly fulfilling. Once you begin taking photos you're proud of, you'll want to show them off to others - and creating a photo album using Photoshop Elements is a neat and easy way to do it.
1. Launch Elements and click the Organize tab. In the Organize window, click File, Get Photos, then browse to select your images. You can import photos directly from a camera, click on individual files or grab an entire folder at once. Import multiple images by holding down Ctrl as you select them.
2. Double-click on a photo’s thumbnail image in your album to select it and add a caption. Click the field below the image and enter your caption text. To add a spoken description or commentary, click the speaker icon. You can either import an audio file (hit File, Browse to navigate to it) or record your own voice.
3. Click in the panel on the righthand side to return to your album. Choose Create, Album Pages from the menu bar and, in the New Album Pages window, choose an image size, album layout and theme. Under Additional Options tick the ‘Auto-Fill with Selected Images’ and ‘Include Photo Captions’ options.
4. Next, specify how you want the album pages to be laid out. A Theme menu enables you to add decorative effects if you wish; we chose Old Style Paper. Once you’re happy with the design, click ok. The album will now appear in the main Photoshop window. Navigate through it as you would any other document.
5. To alter the Frames, Background, Themes or Effects, click on the relevant tabs within the Artwork and Effects panel. You can add more text, as well as effects such as gradient or glow, by clicking on the Text symbol. As with all design projects, keep the number of fancy flourishes to a minimum to achieve a more professional effect.
6. Once your photo album is complete, you can order a Kodak photobook from within Elements. Click the tab two icons to the right of the Quick Fix tab, then specify your order. Alternatively, email your photobook to your friends – simply click the tab to the right of the photobook icon and choose Email.