If you shop regularly online then using a cashback site is a great way to save some money. The idea behind them is simple. They provide links to retailers and highlight deals that are on offer. Then if you buy something, the cashback operator receives a commission or finder’s fee, a portion of which they pass back to you.
Save a few percent off online purchases with Quidco
See all tutorials
Usually the cashback payments have to be confirmed by the retailers before they can be paid out, meaning in some cases you might not receive the money for a month or two, but after you’ve been using the services for a while you start to see payments appearing automatically in your bank account.
This might all sound a bit too good to be true but as long as you use an established site such as Topcashback.com or Quidco.com you’ll be surprised at the savings you can make.
How to use Quidco
1. For the purposes of this feature we will use Quidco as our cashback provider. The same principles apply to Topcashback (TCB). Head to the site to begin the process of creating an account at www.quidco.com
2. On the main screen there’s a video which explains how Quidco works. You’ll also see the option to either join via your Facebook account or directly through Quidco. You can choose either, but we'll create a new account directly with Quidco.
3. There are two types of account: Basic and Premium. Basic will give you all the benefits we’ve already described, while Premium costs £5 per year (this is taken from your cashback balance) and offers faster payments, increased customer support and more offers.
4. Once you’ve completed the account details and responded to the confirmation email, you’ll arrive at a page asking you which type of account you wish to open. Bear in mind that the £5 fee for a Premium account is charged only if you earn that much cashback.
5. Now you’ll see your account home page, which will look pretty empty. Eventually this will show you all the deals that are relevant to your likes, but as you haven’t actually used the site yet it doesn’t know what to offer you. Click on the ‘Discover more about Quidco’ option.
Continues on next page ->