Google has updated its Translate app to work in any app. Here’s how to translate language in Android for free - how to use Google Translate in any app.
• Launch Google Play and browse for Google Translate
• Install Google Translate, then press Open
• Select your primary language and the language that you translate most often
• Select Translate offline in order to use Google Translate offline, though you’ll need 29MB free storage space to do so
• Hit Finished, and the download will begin as soon as you connect to Wi-Fi
See all Android tutorials
How to translate text in Android
Launch the Google Translate app and you’ll find there are several ways you can translate text in Google Translate.
1. By tapping the camera icon and aligning the text on a menu or other printed document. You’ll see a real-time translation on screen.
2. By tapping the microphone icon and saying aloud the word or phrase you wish to translate.
3. By tapping the squiggle icon and drawing on screen the word or phrase you wish to translate.
How to use Google Translate in any app
• Launch Google Translate
• Tap the three horizontal lines icon at the top left of the screen
• Choose Settings
• Choose Tap to Translate
• Tick the box to Enable Tap to Translate
• Now open any other app, and tap and hold on some text to highlight it
• Tap Copy
• A Google Translate icon will appear onscreen in a bubble - tap this to reveal the translation