How to overclock your graphics card
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time: 1 hr
ATI and nVidia each offer free tools to overclock their high-end video cards. This tweak doesn't require any Bios tuning and can boost your system's graphics performance.
Gamers will see smoother video as a result of the speed increase. Update your drivers before you begin.
In the nVidia Control Panel, click Device settings, GPU, select Custom and raise the clock speed by moving the slider, testing the results each time for glitches.
For ATI cards, launch the Catalyst Control Panel. Click Auto-Tune in the Overdrive section. This option gradually increases the clock speed and tests each one in sequence. When it detects instability, it backs off.
Get free games downloads. Visit PC Advisor's dedicated Games website to download hundreds of the latest titles, to read gaming news and reviews and to pick up tips and discuss your favourite games in the popular PC Advisor Games forum
- How to overclock your PC processor and graphics card
- 10 PC projects: how to boost your Wi-Fi's range and speed
- 10 PC projects: teach your camera new tricks, and operate it remotely
- How to boost your PC for gaming, and pimp an Xbox 360
- Play iTunes on any device, and rip DVD movies to your portable media player