Cydia is an alternative to the App Store, and you can use both to add new apps to your phone or iPod. Apps installed through Cydia can be updated and removed only in Cydia. Many apps are free, but some cost a pound or two. To buy anything, you'll need to sign up for an account. Tap the Manage Account button and sign in with Google or Facebook. Amazon and PayPal are used for billing.
Elite Pro HD theme on jailbroken iPhone 4
Here are our recommendations for what to install first:
1. SBSettings (free). Adds a selection of toggle switches to the Notification pull-down menu in iOS 5 giving fast access to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Brightness, 3G and other controls. SBSettings also lets you change the carrier text to your own custom text. To do this, load the SBSettings app, scroll down to System Wide Options and tap System Options. Tap Custom Carrier (MakeItMine) and enter the text, giffgaff, for example and tap Set Carrier.
2. Activator (free). Lets you redefine what happens when you press buttons or use certain gestures.
3. SpringFlash (free). In conjunction with Activator, SpringFlash lets you enable the LED flash to use as a torch by pressing one of your phone's buttons.
4. WinterBoard (free). A theming app that allows you to completely change the look of icons and the Lock Screen. We recommend the Elite Pro HD 2012 theme, shown below, which costs $5 (approx. £3). This includes new icons for system apps, loading screens, custom Lock Screens, Wallpapers, plus skins for almost all system apps.
5. Barrel ($3, approx. £1.80). This great app enables various transitions between Home screens, including the amusing Pac-Man where icons whirl into view.
6. Spire (free). This installs Siri onto an iPhone 4, 3GS or fourth-gen iPod Touch.
7. Five Icon Dock (free). When installed, you can add a fifth icon to the dock at the bottom of the Home screen when in 'wiggle' mode.
See also: our step-by-step guide to installing and configuring Siri using Spire and i4Siri.