We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

email account problem

conrail

Likes # 0

new pc has windows 7 64bit on, did not come with email program so downloaded windows live mail, started having problems with this program when it would send multiple copies of the same email but if there was a picture attached the recipients would only receive the placeholder and not the picture, so I tried incredimail as I have used it before, then friends said my email address appears to have been hacked so I changed it and the password, everthing has been fine for a week or so until today when it started to give me the following message: An unknown error has occurred.

Subject 'subject name' Server Error: 421 Server Response: 421 Cannot establish SSL with SMTP server 81.103.221.11:465, SSL_connect error 10054 Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67 Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No 421 Cannot establish SSL with SMTP server 81.103.221.11:465, SSL_connect error 10054 other emails accounts, wife, family, work fine all. help and advice appreciated,

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

This looks like a port 25 block when there is conflict between your mail provider and your internet provider and it could well be a server malfunction

If you read this recent article you will see that there is a service disruption and the estimated fix time is 26th January.

Like this post
conrail

Likes # 0

thanks difarn, been playing around, and asked friend, also on ntl and he said that the pop3/smtp options should be changed from ntlworld.com to virginmedia.com, tried that but still kept the @ntlworld.com email address and it appears to have worked, I appreciate your help, many thanks

Like this post
difarn

Likes # 0

You're welcome - glad you have found a way around it. It seems a lot of people are affected by it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks