We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

TWAIN drivers for canon scanners

Lammy Pie

Likes # 0

Another frustrated Vista user here... I have a Canon Scanner, CanoScan N124OU. I cannot load the drivers from the disc I have as I am being told I do not have the TWAIN drivers and need to load those first. Can anyone help? This is a new one on me. Like many of you out there I am now thinking I have to go and buy a new Vista compatible scanner!

Like this post
Probabilitydrive

Likes # 0

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling using the Vista drivers from the Canon website?
click here

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

If they've got a driver for my old N670u they must have a Vista driver for the newer N1240u , have a look at their web site as Probabilitydrive suggests .

Ashley

Like this post
phoenix198

Likes # 0

There are Vista 32-bit drivers for the Canoscan N1240U on the Australian Canon website - version 7.0.3.1 - together with a Vista compatible version of the Canon Toolbox utility.

I can't direct link to them but try Googling for "Canoscan N1240U Vista drivers"

Like this post
skidzy

Likes # 0

Like this post
skidzy

Likes # 0

click here

Then Setup Vista,agree to the disclaimer and follow the prompts.

Like this post
Ashrich

Likes # 0

Funnily enough , I got my Vista drivers from the Aussie site .....and they are also 7.0.3.1

Ashley

Like this post
Lammy Pie

Likes # 0

I have tried to load from the Australian site as suggested. It goes through the process fine until the end when I get a message to say it may not have been uploaded correctly. I still can't get my scanner to work! Is the TWAIN element seperate to the main drivers? Thanks for all the advice!

Like this post
Lammy Pie

Likes # 0

I have talked to Canon and they had me load two sets from their web site, it still doesn't work and doesn't even see the scanner when I look for it thorugh Windows Accessories. Thinking of buying an Epson now.

Like this post
Vaio-fan

Likes # 0

Hey Lammy Pie, do you still have a problem with Canoscan N124ou and Vista?
Let me know, I was in exactly the same situationj as yours and I solved the problem.
Cheers

Like this post
DerekGCWhite

Likes # 0

I have just found this link and I am having exactly the similar problem, Vaio-fan you said you have the answer, would you share that with me please?

Regards

Derek

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes