We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Internet Explorer blank page

bigpond

Likes # 0

Does anyone know why I might get a totally white screen that is called an explorer blank page. This pops up while I am doing something else, literally "out of the blue".
As there is no system bar, the only way I can get rid of it is to get to task manager and disable the page to get back to the desktop.

Like this post
Python33

Likes # 0

im not a hundred percent sure but are you using IE6 or the new IE7? i found the same thing happening to me using the IE6, but since i brought a new laptop with Vista & IE7 that has stopped. it may be IE's way of saying upgrade the Explorer.
P.

Like this post
bigpond

Likes # 0

No, this is in Vista, so I am using IE7

Like this post
Python33

Likes # 0

oh ok, sorry cant help then my Explorer seems to be working fine

Like this post
Killo Bite

Likes # 0

I have seen skyBroadband installation CDs damage iev7 also McAfee

Like this post
skidzy

Likes # 0

From another pc/laptop download Firefox and save to a flashdrive or cd (do not open or run) load this to the problem pc and download a few programs from click here
run them in safemode (Tapping F8 on startup)

I would assume you have been hijacked by some malware/Spyware.Also check in uninstall a program for any unwanted toolbars or programs you do not recognised.

Alternatively,you could boot into safemode and try a system restore.

Like this post
aaucone

Likes # 0

I have the same problem! Noone knows what to do!
I have been trying to resolve this problem for the last 6 months. I have done eveything! I had a Mcafee trial, that is over, I have tried cox security suite, I currently have ca security, blank page came up with each one of these installed. I do not think this is a security issue. I think it may be a vista problem. I had xp on another computer before and I never had this problem, then I bought this computer with vista, that is when it started. I even tried to us firefox becouse the page pops up saying (blank page-windows internet explorer)How can I make blank page stop poping up?

Like this post
skidzy

Likes # 0

Please start a new thread in the HELPROOM.

Clearly title your thread with your problem.

And maybe we can help get you.

Like this post
skidzy

Likes # 0

Sorry should have read;
" And maybe we can help you "

Like this post
adman 2

Likes # 0

now you mention it, thats a problem i used to have, but no longer have since reinstalling it on another pc. i always thought it was a missing plug in.
the only difference i can see is i swapped norton with kaspersky and only use one phishing filter, i do find ie7 has quite a few bugs though, such as restarting and sometimes struggles to keep up with my typing, however, no more blank pages.

Like this post
Blankpage

Likes # 0

I have been hassled with this ever since I bought this computer- windows vista. After I log on, a "blank page from notepad pops up-I've tried to delete several ways and nothing works. I can't see it in "Start Up from System Configuration and I tried several other ways to delete and it keeps coming back.
Any advice?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite