We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Adding folders to Start List

tallboy

Likes # 0

I'm sure I have done it before - but I have lost the note on how to do it.

I have added some folders to my Windows list that normally pops up on the Right Hand Side of the Start Menu. However, although they are present in the user folder, they don't appear in the list alongside My Music, My Pictures, My Video etc.

What do I have to do so that they are added to the visible list?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

If on the Desktop Right click on Start then Properties you can then add new folders and call them what you want in Windows Explorer click on the folder you want to create new folder, choose create new folder name it what you will. If you want to add icons to the start list before programs comes up right click on the icon for the program and drag it onto the start button

Like this post
tallboy

Likes # 0

Thanks for the quick reply Woodchip. I can't see anywhere in the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties or the Customize Start Menu to add a folder to those already listed by Microsoft (Documents, Downloads, Games Pictures etc.) - which is effectively what I want to do, so that an additional link is create in this list. Is that possible?

I have already added to folders to my user area - I just need to add the link now.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback