We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Missing ezshell.dll - how to fix, please

AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Hi

Running Vista and SP2

My friend's laptop shows the 'missing ezshell.dll' window every time he starts up, only since this am. It doesn't seem to be stopping any program to run that's been noticed but obviously this needs sorting.

I've checked on internet and there are a number of programs to download to fix this but this is all a new one to me so am not sure how to proceed.

Can anyone guide me through fixing this please? Thanks very much

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Not sure you have to.If you have not downloaded any of those.Looks like it is part of Easybits

Click here.

If you never downloaded it you might have got it from here if you use skype.

Click here

I would certainly think of deleting it if you have it on your computer and don't use it.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Thanks Jock1e

I was able to pick up your reply this afternoon. Yes, there is the Magic Desktop thing installed and he doesn't know who installed it, maybe his daughter, or maybe if updating Skype. So, your links appear to be very useful

So, I'm now got to uninstall this program but ran out of time this afternoon, so will hopefully manage in the next day or two. I also read that this program can be difficult to uninstall so I'll be Google-ing for that now!

Thanks very much, it seems you've hit the nail on the head, as it were. I'll post back when I've managed to sort it out.

Thanks again.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......