We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Startup Repair Problems Windows 7

RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

A few days, ago I had issues on my Youtube Account not loging in and I'm on Firefox couldn't log in so I installed Internet Explorer still the same issue so I removed Internet Explorer.

Now ever since this happened Windows Update Wants to install "Internet Explorer 10" So I leave it to install reboots, and when this happens I constantly have the "Start up Repair" Screen and neither of the occasions I can get it to work in other words not able to fix, eventually it will work.

I used Hirrens Boot CD on a couple of occations to start Windows 7 and it loads fine, it's just to the point regarding this update which I think is the issue.

I don't think it's no malware or spyware so any ideas on a fix for this one?

Thanks Rob

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Have you tried using the restore point that was most recent prior to your problem starting?

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

Yes and the issue keeps coming back.

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Have you tried booting into Safe mode - this sometimes does a fairly decent repair job

Like this post
xania

Likes # 0

Also make sure that Internet Explorer isn't still your default

Like this post
RobCharles1981

Likes # 0

What would going into Safe Mode actually do to solve this problem?

And Yes

Firefox is my default browser - Internet explorer has been taken off but it's still downloading!!!

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Safe mode starts with less drivers plus you could try last good configuration while you are in there.

Go to manual update for windows and when the I/E download shows click on it and a box will open underneath. Just tick the box not to show update again.

Or even better still go to services and disable windows updates and stop it from running.

Just start it again the 2nd Tuesday of every month and download them manually.

Tomorrow is the 2nd Tuesday and you may have I/E11 on your downloads so it will be up to you if you want to download it or not.

If you are not interested in using I/E go to all programs. Turn Windows features Off or On.

Scroll down to I/E if it is ticked untick it and wait for it to be removed.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 530 review: £60 smartphone offers decent build and performance, awful screen and...

IDG UK Sites

Apps watch: What the NFL can teach UK sports such as cricket and rugby

IDG UK Sites

VFX Emmy: Game of Thrones work garners gong for Rodeo FX

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: Video shows 'new, reversable iPhone 6 cha'......