We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Cannot reinstall office 2013 after an acer refresh

digregory

Likes # 0

I have just carried out a refresh on my Acer laptop and as a result it has uninstalled office 2013. I have tried to reinstall it but when I try to use the account I think I used to activate the initial purchase is says that office is not associated with this account. I do not have any other accounts so am not sure what to do next ?

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If you used refresh then it doesn't remove everything. I'd reset Windows under update and recovery then recovery and use the remove everything and reinstall Windows. Why Microsoft included the insidious refresh option I will never know. It keeps your Photos, Music and some docs data and a few reg keys that's making it difficult for you to reinstall Office.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

If that doesn't work then use the restore to factory settings usb flash drive you created or the set of DVDs and start again.

Like this post
jaywoo

Likes # 0

This might help - link

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...