We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Can't Seem To Boot From DVD

s99Raj

Likes # 0

I have a brand new PB iMedia S2185 on which I have Windows 8. I don't like it and want to format the hard drive and install Windows 7 but can't get it to load from DVD.

I've gone to the BIOS settings and chagned the boot order so that the DVD is first. There's also an option to press F12 to display the boot menu. The problem is only one option appears in the boot menu, and it's labelled "Windows Boot Manager". I can't get it to boot from DVD.

Any ideas please?

Like this post
rabbit1234

Likes # 0

Are you still looking for a solution re above or are you now sorted?

Like this post
s99Raj

Likes # 0

All sorted, thanks.

Like this post
philipp.monnin

Likes # 0

What was the solution? I have the same problem -.- want to formate everything and install windows 7... But i can't boot from dvd :(

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

philpp.monnin

From the PB web site. Press F12 when booting the PB computer allow you to select where to boot from, this will work on most PB computers. If this does not work you will need to go into the bios and change the boot order.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good