We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

FAVOURITES bar ON W 8.1

pk46

Likes # 0

Having a problem with Internet explorer with favourites after install there on the favourites bar then they disappear after reboot but are there on the desktop menu a file scan says some files are missing inserting the media disk will solve this so what media is this it was downloaded from the Microsoft site.!!!

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Are you talking about the Favourites bar that is on the bottom of the screen when you are using the Internet Explorer App of the Metro Screen or the Favourites that normally appear to the left of the desktop version of Internet Explorer?

Like this post
pk46

Likes # 0

Yes I am talking about the favourites bar IE FOR WIMDOWS 8. The desktop menu is fine.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

So when you open IE at the bottom of the screen do you see the Address Bar and the symbols for Refresh, Tabs, Favourites and Page Tools or do you just see a narrow black strip with three white dots? If the latter you need to click on the dots to open up the Address Bar and then click on the star symbol to see your favourites.

Like this post
pk46

Likes # 0

I see these but clicking refresh does nothing,clicking on the star all I get is you have added no sites!! I have just done a full reinstall yet again on boot up all the favourites are there on W8 start up screen and on desktop this is the 6th time i have reinstalled but yet again my favourites have again disappeared I see the favourites for about 1 second if I click on the star.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

This explains how to import favourites maybe you could do it that way. You might have to first use the desktop version of I.E. to bookmark.htm in the My Documents folder as suggested by the dropdown text.

Like this post
pk46

Likes # 0

Many thanks for your response.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...