We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 reboot after Flatout 2 install

AJDux

Likes # 0

hey guys. Ok so I have a little knowledge but im no techy. Installed Flatout 2 on my laptop, AMD A8, 6GB ram running win 8. The game installs and at the end it asks to install protection drivers and then restart. Trouble is, when I restart windows 8 wont boot, the laptop trys auto repair which doesnt work, I have to do a total reboot. This happened twice exactly the same each time. From memory the fault code was to do with system 32. I tried the same copy of the game on my desktop (running XP) and it was fine. So tried another copy of the game in my laptop, all ok, until I try to patch it (idea was to play game at LAN party so needs same patch) and then again it asks to install protection drivers.

Any ideas? I really dont understand what these protection drivers even are?

Thanks

Like this post
AJDux

Likes # 0

Thanks for your reply. At least its a known problem then. How would I go about purchasing a new set of protection drivers???

Thanks

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips for beginners: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite