We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Problems Backing up Windows 8.1

DerekL

Likes # 0

I have quite a long question, please read it all and be patient, I have just updated my Windows 8 computer to Windows 8.1 and I have had lots of problems trying to make an image backup, my usual program Macrium Reflect Free used to take about 45 minutes to 1 hour to create an image, now it is hours. What partitions besides C: do I have to select to make an image,also I tried to use Windows own backup to make a system image and after about an hour of backing up an error popped up stating:

"The backup failed

There was a failure in preparing the backup image of one of the volumes in the backup set. (0X807800C5) Additional Information: The specified backup disk cannot be found. (0x80780081)"

I have tried several free Image Backup programs and in AOMEI Backupper I clicked on System Backup and it selected the *:ESP partition and C: and made an image backup. Now, will that get me my system back as I have got it now, and the question I am asking is, I want to make a Windows PE recovery drive using a USB Flash Drive, what size do I need to create it and do I have to go into BIOS to change the boot startup and will it really boot me back into Windows, thank you very much for your patience.

Like this post
wizzboy

Likes # 0

I use this with no trouble at all,EaseUS Todo Backup Advanced Server 5.8

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon Kindle Voyage release date, price and specs UK: a high-end eReader with Amazon’s best-ever...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room