We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Win7 User Profiles

Newuser4165

Likes # 0

I am unable to create permanent user profiles in Win7 Home Premium 64 bit - only temporary ones.Can anyone suggest a fix for this please.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Is this what is happening? click here A temporary user profile is created every time that you log on.. This behavior occurs because the account that you use to log on to the computer is a member of one or more of the following groups: Guests, Domain Guests.

Like this post
Newuser4165

Likes # 0

Thanks for the link.However,it's not lke that in Win7 but there was separate link on your link for Win7 referring to a possible solution regarding an odd user profile - UpdatusUser in C:/Users.This referred to an nVidia update program - 11.8.15 on my pc.I uninstalled it.On restart I was able to now create a new Standard User which seemed OK at the time. However, after restarting the pc today the temp profile problem is back. I think it might be better to reinstall Windows as this problem may be linked to an earlier problem last week when I couldn't login to the pc at all due to a corrupt profile which I fixed by using system restore in Safe Mode.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Must be the user profile is corrupted. Have you tried in Safe Mode and log in using the Administrator Account? Then you can create a new profile.

Like this post
Newuser4165

Likes # 0

After having got the system up and running by booting into safe mode and running System Restore it happened again yesterday - fixed it the same way. Now I must get round to reinstalling Windows as I can't create any new permanent user profiles.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?