We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

how detect virus in windows with cmd

can_cworld

Likes # 0

help me guys. how in find virus with cmd?

Like this post
tullie

Likes # 0

What virus program have you installed?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

can_cworld, if only it were that simple... unfortunately it isn't so you need an antivirus security program. Please give us more details, such as what antivirus and anti malware security programs you have installed.

Firstly, do you know the name of the virus? and what are the symptoms that lead you to believe you have a virus on your W7 pc? It could be malware, spyware, adware, root kit worm etc which require different programs to detect and remove it/them (you might have more than one).

Like this post
can_cworld

Likes # 0

i have installed eset securety. yes i know name of virus like shortcut

when i insert flashdrive into the computer immediately appear shortcut virus in my files and when my friend insert flasdish again appear shortcut virus how to find it and remove?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Righto, now I understand better. Use Autorun Exterminator click here before you do the cmd, attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:*.* (assuming g is the pen drive)

haven't been able to login all day to post reply (pca site maintenance) sigh.

Like this post
can_cworld

Likes # 0

thanks for the solutions i was typing atrib -h -r -s /s /d g:. this is for remove shortcut virus from flashdisk but there is shortcut virus laptop ? i will remove it.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

The attrib string you were putting in the command line is to reset the attributes of the flashdisk so the files were accessible again (no longer hidden), here is the list of the parameters (-h -r -s /s /d etc) and what they do click here

Like this post
can_cworld

Likes # 0

how remove virus shortcut from system windows 7 and D?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Did you d/load and run "AutorunExterminator"

have you unhidden the folders?

have you run malwarebytes?

If so and you now just need to unhide the folders on other drives, put the relevant drive letter in the Attrib each time. If you have a lot of different drive letters there is a .bat file you can run to automate the unhide click here

Post back if still got questions/problems

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...