We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 suddenly stop to print to network router attached printer

manlio13

Likes # 0

home network with 4 dell computers. Two Windows 7 (64 & 32), two XP. US Robotics router with USB output to network printer. The Windows 7 64 is wired to the router. The Others PC are connected by WiFi, trough an AP wired to the router. All with fixed IPs.

For several year the network was OK and All the PCs printed without any problems.

No changes occurred but one week ago the two Windows 7 computers stopped to print. Any Printing ends into a document stuck in the spooler queue.

It's one week I am googling around and doing all the possible attempts, therefore please, don't tell me to install or uninstall, to look for permission, for spooler locks and unlocks , for virus and malwares, for drivers or to attach the printer directly to failed computers (BTW they install like a snap and print IN LOCAL). I am really without ideas and despite I am available to change some item, but which one ? Everytime I start thinking to a possible cause, I am unable to answer to the question: "why worked ok for years ?".

Now I have one conclusion of my efforts: the spooler is unable to open the print server port, but I don't know why, more .. I don't know what to do to change this condition. Just to clarify: the address to the print server integrated into the Router is fixed by the router configuration and is: click here additional info: the only extraordinary event occurred recently has been that both the Windows 7 PCs has got the malware Qvo6. Of course cleaned out.

I don't expect a solution from your help, but to be addressed in one direction more then another.

Please give me some hint.. I will do the job.

Thanks

One

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback