We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Java installed but websites say java not detected

gerden

Likes # 0

Have tried everything to correct this. Uninstalled then reinstalled several times. After installation says it was successfully installed I go to verify version where nothing happens.I go to java control panel and everything is correct as far as being enabled. I go to uninstall programs where it shows java 32 and 64 bit are on the computer. I am at my wits end please help!!!!

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Java Installed is nothing to do with Java Script running in your Web Browser. Go to Settings or options in your Web Browser and Turn J/Script on

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS if you use IE Browser Settings can be found in Control Panel

Like this post
gerden

Likes # 0

I did what you suggested but it shows scripting of java applets is enabled. Is this what you were talking about ?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Yes so it should not say that Java needs installing or not enabled, It May be a Browser Problem. Try another Browser like firefox or chrome

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I would uninstall all instances of java in programs and features then reboot. Run Ccleaner the go to this site, Java uninstaller tool and run that via your browser. If nothing found reboot anyway. Now install the latest an see if that helps.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

I would not install Java 64 bit as it does sometimes cause a problem. I appreciate that Oracle say you should install both if you are using a 64 bit browser. The simplest solution is to only use Chrome, Firefox or 32 bit IE.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...