We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 8 Start Menu

Sparkly
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hi all i have had a look around the M/Soft website for W8 to see if the update or app for the Start Menu that was to be released, all i could find was a download for W 8.1 (Beta)an iso. Will this mean that it would have to be a compleate upgrade or will there be a release for just the Start Menu? Im useing W8 Pro. Thanks in advance.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

Microsoft aren't releasing a Start menu. The upcoming Windows 8.1 upgrade will add a familiar-looking Start button bottom-left of the Desktop but clicking it will just take you to the existing Start Screen.

Like this post
Sparkly

Likes # 0

Hi Secret-Squirrel thanks for making that a bit more clear, i think i will download Clasic Shell and make it a bit more user friendly. Thanks.

Like this post
Secret-Squirrel

Likes # 0

I've installed Classic Shell on a few computers recently and the users have been very happy with it.

Like this post  
Mark_Hayward

Likes # 0

Can anyone explain why we all have to install such programs as Classic Shell to make W8 usable and does anyone know if W8.1 will fix any of the other W8 issues we are currently working around in a similar way ??

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia Lumia 930 review: The flagship Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Live Blog: Apple financial results, record June quarter, 35.2m iPhones sold, $37.4b revenue

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger