We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Help for useless female required

sue.zanelotti

Likes # 0

Today I did a restart and Adobe box came up saying to update. After doing this, I cannot open/download/save any email attachments in V Media.

When I click on the attachment a Windows IE gray box come up with this content:

What do you want to do with b2-Mc&sadet=1379874597796&sads=RX0aousIwQNWB8YaFyLgE5HwdVM&sadssc

Size: 365kb

Open (this file won't be saved automatically

Save

Save as

Usually my attachments just download.

This is what I've done so far:

Internet options: deleted browsing history, cookies, temporary internet files.

System restore to no avail

Went into my computer and saw I had 2 Adobe's. I didn't check if both had value but deleted the Adobe 8.1 something version which showed today's date. My system is still showing the other one (Adobe 8) icon but has no value so I'm guessing its just the icon left.

Any suggestions as to why this has happened?

Also, when i go to internet options>General tab>browsing history>settings>temporary internet files and history settings>view files. There are 100's there! Haven't deleted them because I dont know what they are.

I am quite useless when it comes to computers so any assistance will need to be in simple terms. My pc is Windows vista 7

Thanks

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Do a system restore to before you updated Adobe.

Like this post
sue.zanelotti

Likes # 0

Already did a system restore to a date before I updated Adobe. Also scanned with Malware Bytes & Hitman Pro in safe mode.

Like this post
Press Man

Likes # 0

The files you refer to above are "Temporary Internet Files" and can be deleted. Download CCleaner click here and it will delete them for you. Install it and just use the "Cleaner" option no need to change or alter any "ticked" options.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

7 coolest 3D-printed objects: Body parts, houses, camera lenses and even pizza

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks