We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Removing/deleting dll files in win 8 64bit

anniesboy68

Likes # 0

I have three dll files that I cannot remove because it says they are always in use by win explorer. the three files are... FrameUtility.dll LibFrame.dll ShredderContentMenu.dll and relate to a shredder program that somehow failed to uninstall properly or else I didn't do it correctly.

I know there is a way of some sort using regsvr32 but my attempt didn't work. Any help or advice would be appreciated please. ab68

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try it in safe mode without networking.

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Thanks have tried that but with no success. Have tried the regsvr32 attempt again but am getting a box up saying cannot find the file do do some de bugging etc. I'm not getting to deep and into that so will leave well alone. Its not really a problem its just that I know they are there.

Like this post
jaywoo

Likes # 0

Was it Egistec Shredder? You probably tried uninstalling when it still had processes running.

Download it again (the trial is free, just hit the download button) - re-install, make sure the shredder itself is not running (Ctrl-Shift-Escape to bring up task manager, close any likely looking tasks), then try uninstall again

Link here; click here

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Yes it was. Have downloaded and tried to install but it will not go. Previous attempts have been tried with the result that it says a later installation of shredder is installed will not go. This time I am getting the reply....."This product shredder is already installed preventing the installation of this product. The two products are incompatible" so.......

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Will probably do a factory re set sometime.

Like this post
anniesboy68

Likes # 0

Success......all gone

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad