We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

How do I get rid of this ridiculous lag? Please give advice

harmonia

Likes # 0

Hello all. I have recently had very big problems with my personal computer. Every time I start to use browser or try to play games pc gives such a lag that that these tasks become nearly impossible. Right now im writing this and the text appears with ~5 sec delay. All the programs are very slow etc... You know the problem. I have ran my pc with Avast, Superantispyware and malwarebytes, but I dont get any results.

My specs are Windows 7 64 BIT Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3,40 GHz Intel Corporation DP67DE 8 GT RAM DDR3 1 GT Geforce GTX 560

Just ask and I will write more specs if needed. Please help, I am clueless at this point :(

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Did you have another Anti-virus program before Avast.

Or maybe have Trusteer Rapport running as well. Maybe have a look in Device Manager for yellow exclamation marks. Turn Taskmanager on the see what is using up the CPU if nothing running System idle process should be showing about 97% and that is normal

Open command prompt and type in sfc /scannow and see if it finds any problems.

Turn on compatibility mode under Tools.

Just a few things to try till someone can give you the information that you need.

Like this post
harmonia

Likes # 0

I had SuperAntiSpyware running before Avast. Trusteer Rapport... Don't show anything No exclamation marks in Device manager. I dont see anything weird using resources on Task Manager(Chrome takes some resources but that wasnt problem before)

For some reason I can't "sfc /scannow" (It tells me that only administrator can do this?!? I am with admin login on my own pc, but we have a share network... could that be a problem?)

Please give further help, I am clueless :O

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

You need to right click CMD and select run as admin.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

How is the PC setup in Windows? I run XP Home on all my PC's the above on XP can be found by Right Click/Properties on My Computer ICON. one of the Tabs at the top. Also in run type MSCONFIG at stop as many programs starting at boot as you can by removing the tick in box, these can be reversed at any time. restart PC the when the box pops up put a tick in the little box bottom left and close the box

Like this post
harmonia

Likes # 0

I think it lags only when i am using internet

Like this post
harmonia

Likes # 0

At least on Google Chrome, firefox was ok till now but now the internet also started lagging/not responding. I ran sfc scannow but it tells me there is no errors. Im just thinking, Could someone gotten into my pc?

Like this post
harmonia

Likes # 0

now i'm quite sure of it. x-fire is offline and I keep getting "xkon3kt has connected" I dont know him and x-fire dont give any messages when its not on. What can I do?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

As you have a thread running in Malwarebytes I would be more inclined to stay with that forum as they have the experts to help solve your problem.

Click here

I presume that is your thread with malwarebytes just keep up to date with what they ask you to do.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'