We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

windows vista keeps crashing

garypiper

Likes # 0

• -

7026 0 2 0 0 0x80000000000000

System gary-PC

• i8042prt

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

i8024prt is related to PS2 Keyboard and Mouse ports. See Here Are you using either of those or is your keyboard and mouse connected via USB?

A bit more description about your setup would help. Operating system, motherboard, processor, graphics, memory etc. When does it crash? Immediately on boot up, after a time, when playing games?

Like this post
garypiper

Likes # 0

my pc keeps crashing then restarting and when i check event viewer it says i8042prt failed to load driver. but i have tried to update my drivers but they are all up to date. can somebody help me i am not to good with pc but i can follow instructions.

Like this post
garypiper

Likes # 0

i am using a usb optical mouse and a wireless keyboard
it crashes any time just after a start up or when playing a game

Like this post
garypiper

Likes # 0

windows vista home premium 64 bit

Like this post
garypiper

Likes # 0

how can i find and send you the rest of the info needed about my setup

Like this post
garypiper

Likes # 0

i have read through i8024prt is related to PS2 Keyboard and Mouse ports and and i Added a new REG_DWORD "Headless" and set the value to 1 but not sure if it has done anything yet

Like this post
garypiper

Likes # 0

no it is still crashing

Like this post
garypiper

Likes # 0

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name GARY-PC System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire G7200 System Type x64-based PC Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 9750 Quad-Core Processor, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date AMI R01-A1, 19/09/2008 SMBIOS Version 2.5 Windows Directory C:\Windows System Directory C:\Windows\system32 Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2 Locale United Kingdom Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005" User Name gary-PC\gary Time Zone GMT Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB Total Physical Memory 4.00 GB Available Physical Memory 1.79 GB Total Virtual Memory 8.20 GB Available Virtual Memory 5.53 GB Page File Space 4.29 GB Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

If you are using a USB keyboard and mouse then changing that registry key will be of no help. If your PC boots up OK and then crashes after a while the cause is usually overheating. Is this a laptop click here or a desktop Click Here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

2015 visual trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal what should be inspiring us in 2015

IDG UK Sites

10 iPhone app exclusives that make Android users jealous