We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

boot

faysinclair

Likes # 0

when I boot the system and I get the normal beep and after I get the green scroll bar I get a black screen but the computer is running i tried using the re-install vista disc that came with the computer but that does not work either.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Try tapping F8 on booting to get to the advanced options menu. If successful try the last known configuration option. If that fails, restart, keep tapping F8, then select safe mode. If you get to the stark desktop, find system restore and restore to before the problem.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Is it a laptop if so try another monitor or plug it into the TV.

The only time I booted to a black screen was when I installed new memory and never seated it properly.

To run the Vista DVD you have to go into the Bios and change the start up order to DVD as first boot.

Like this post
faysinclair

Likes # 0

HI

I have already tried those options and it still does not work.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Very best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more...

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday feeding frenzy infects the UK

IDG UK Sites

VAT MOSS: Will I be affected by the EU VAT changes? Here are the facts for designers and artists

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers