We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Windows 7 Pro install on SSD

Eternity88

Likes # 0

Hi Guys so I have built a brand new computer.

my rig Corsair 600t mid tower Corsair TX 850w psu Asus Maximus VI Hero Motherboard 16gb Gskill Ripjaw Ram Intel Core i7 3.5ghz Cpu Asus GTX 600 Graphics Card Samsung 250gb SSD 840 pro Seagate Barracude 3tb harddrive

My Problem: I have installed windows 7 on the SSD and its all installed fine. But when I connect to the internet is when the problems start. Windows Update wont update at all. Windows Explorer crashes and restarts. and Im getting download speeds of almost nothing to half of what I usually get. So I reinstalled on the SSD with the same problems.

Now I reinstalled on to a the 3tb harddrive and everything is working fine. downloads,windows update and no windows explorer crashes.

I apologise if this has been answered and I missed the thread. As Im really not sure what the problem is therefore dont really know what to search for. I have checked the Sata settings and it is automatically on AHCI and have looked through a couple of other threads that I have followed up on but with no luck.

Like this post
Lazarus The 2nd

Likes # 0

Have you tried the Data Migration Tool (Clone Software) (ver.2.0) from Samsung Click here

Introduction and Installation Guide.pdf Click here

It saves Installing and re-installing Windows as you have done. Worked a treat on mine.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

BebeMic

You really should be starting a thread of your own rather than hijacking Eternity88's thread.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Just graduated? Learn all you need to know to kickstart your career in our Creative Graduate Guide