We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Laptop to and from a tablet

elaikenn628

Likes # 0

Hello everyone I have just joined the forum and I would like to ask a question. My wife is going to have a tablet given by her boss and she has asked for and that has windows 8 or the other one that is forums and my question is can either system be used with a computer running windows 8? Thank you Ken

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Which tablet is she getting? Most tablets can exchange information with a pc. If you want to sync documents then DropBox is very useful. Email's can be read on the tablet and computer.

Like this post
elaikenn628

Likes # 0

I don't know until she brings it home next month,

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

By the way welcome to the forum. Perhaps when she has the tablet then you can come back and ask away. People here are rarely stumped by a problem. I don't think that she will encounter too many problems. In the meantime have a look at DropBox or Microsoft SkyDrive.

Like this post
elaikenn628

Likes # 0

I will let you know when it arrives.

By the way can you put other windows programmes on to a windows 8 and RT, I like the Samsung galaxy.

Ken

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Other programs will go on W8 but not RT. I'm not really familiar with RT but I do know that the full office program does not run on it. I understand that you have to use an app.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Isn't the Galaxy an Android device?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

Woolwell, yes the Samsung Galaxy is an Android device and a mighty fine one too in my opinion. Samsung do have one Windows 8 model Click Here

Like this post
elaikenn628

Likes # 0

I can now let you know that the tablet the wife has received is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 but it does not have windows, what do friends on here think of them.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

View an animated vision of a better future for Ethiopian girls

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...