We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

laptop hangs when right click on cmd

noza12

Likes # 0

My laptop hangs when I right click on cmd or some files which are required to be run as administrator.I also tried the trick you mentioned but i cant even then run is as admin.Any solutions.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

How long have you had the laptop.

You could always reset it to factory settings if it came with W/8 installed but you would loose everything that you have downloaded.

Or refresh your PC by clicking Settings on the right and choose reset you would loose some of the programs if not all of them that you have already installed.

Or try running MalwareBytes just in case it is a virus problem.

Are you actually running the computer as administrator.

I would not even try any of the top 2 instructions and wait and see what others might suggest.

Have you tried running cmd in safe mode.

Like this post
noza12

Likes # 0

Malware bytes didnot help.I tried. How to run cmd in safe mode?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You have to msconfig.Click on Boot. Tick Safe Boot and also tick network.Apply Ok and reboot and it will open in safe mode.

When coming out of safe mode you have to revert back to normal settings or it will start in safe mode all of the time.

If it does not work in safe mode with networking go back and change the networking to minimal and see if it will work on that.

Like this post
noza12

Likes # 0

Ok that worked in safe mode with networking.Now what does it mean what I have to do now?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Try right clicking cmd and tick run as administrator and type in sfc /scannow then press enter on the keyboard.See if that fixes the problem.

Depending how long you have had the problem you could try a system restore to a time before the problem started.

Like this post
noza12

Likes # 0

It didnot solve the problem.It says windows resource protection didnot find any intriguing activity or something like that.

Like this post
noza12

Likes # 0

I don't really remember from when I am having this problem.So I can't restore it to some initial stage,moreover don't want to restore it as I will lose my softwares.

Like this post
noza12

Likes # 0

I don't really remember from when I am having this problem.So I can't restore it to some initial stage,moreover don't want to restore it as I will lose my softwares.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

In user accounts does it show you as being administrator and are you the sole user of the computer.

If it is the UAC settings that is giving you the problems switch it off as it can be a bit of a nuisance.

Click here

I am not sure what your problem is so best waiting for someone else to give you some better advice.

Like this post
noza12

Likes # 0

I think its event id 1000 causing the problem.Any solutions to that.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014