We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

internet express e-mail tool bar problem

grahameb

Likes # 0

Until recently my e-mail had a tool bar on the e-mail page. this had options for font, font size, underlining, emboldment etc. It has now disappeared. Also when trying to forward an e-mail any pictures on the e-mail disappear and the layout changes. All very frustrating. I am on IE10. Can anyone assist as to how I can retrieve the situation.I've tried using Google as well as my ISP Orange to go into e-mail and the situation is the same on both.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Have you tried a System Restore back to when it was all OK?

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

BTW, system restore on Win7 can take anything up to 20 minutes or so. Be patient!

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

"options for font, font size, underlining, emboldment etc" These options only appear for composing an html email, maybe you have set it to 'plain text'

You seem to be talking about Webmail? as you have not mentioned an email client on your pc.

internet express that doesn't sound right.... perhaps you meant Internet Explorer 10 (your web browser) and then you go to your webmail sign in page?

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If your email address is gmail you might try the solutions on: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/5KF4QJOtuZ8

Like this post
grahameb

Likes # 0

Thanks everyone for comments and suggestions. It turns out that IE 10 is the culprit! I've reverted back to IE 9 . Problem gone away.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sky to offer mobile phone contracts with O2: Will Vodafone make a move?

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10: a guaranteed success. Probably.

IDG UK Sites

Do we need to fight the government again over design and art education?

IDG UK Sites

How to make money selling books on the iBookstore, publish your book in Apple's book store