We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

bluetooth on Win 7 conection problem ?

churgestrauss

Likes # 0

I have fitted a Bluetooth adaptor to my PC to download photo's off my phone. The PC installed the new device but the problem now starts. The PC see's the Phone (Nokia 5230) and the phone see's the PC. Using the pairing intructions no problem but when i tell the PC to receive or send files it tells me there is a compatability issue and drivers did not installed properly. I bought a new adaptor just in case but it is still the same, i have uninstalled and reinstalled that many times the PC can do it on it's own !!

any idea's greatfully received

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Can you connect the phone directly to the PC?, try the Suit. Switch the phone off. Connect to PC, swithch phone on.

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/nokia-pc-suite-compatibility/

Like this post
churgestrauss

Likes # 0

yes i could connect via a usb lead but i would need different leads for my wife, daughter and son as they are different (they did like the idea of me buying them new phones that match) and i was trying to get away from wires all over the place.

Like this post
churgestrauss

Likes # 0

yes i could connect via a usb lead but i would need different leads for my wife, daughter and son as they are different (they did like the idea of me buying them new phones that match) and i was trying to get away from wires all over the place.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Similar with bluetooth. You'd need different connections to all the phones so that the PC could recognize the different machines to log into and synchronize with. Less cables, more problems.

Synch each machine, then pair, individually, get them working one by one so the PC recognizes individual phone etc. and creates a list. All phones come with cables to connect to PC, especially Nokia, so if you have further problems, I suggest it's not a Windows fault but your Blue Tooth adapter supplier's.

Give therm a call.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Chromecast deals aplenty as gadget turns one: Discounts and free music streaming

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

5 ways drones are being used for good