We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Windows Help

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Wireless Pin asks for eight numbers router has letters included

chaferden2

Likes # 0

Windows 7 asks for an eight number pin for a wireless connection to a network, but the router eight digits are a mix of letters and numbers. Win7 will not accept.?

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

I'm with virgin and my router has both wps pin (numbers) and a password (all letters, when you try to set it up can you change what of these two you need.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Could it be that there is an O letter and you are mixing it up with 0 (zero number)? (or vice versa)

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Good thinking lotvic,i'm not thinking straight at the moment wife has dementia and i'm going through a difficult time at the moment.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

mole1944, sympathies, I've just spent this last week looking for a couple of necklaces. I've practically dismantled the place whilst being harangued by and having to comfort upset mum in 90's who has 'put them down somewhere...'

still not found them

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

Lotvic been there done it try drawers or behind things and even in tins, wife has had dementia since 2007,love her to bits but just had a week respite for the first time this year, batteries part charged and ready to go, has she put them in the kitchen pans for "safe" keeping

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I'll have a look..

Like this post
ZachSmiith

Likes # 0

You should check your networking device (Router/Modem) for a WPS pin. This should be a 8 digit number on the bottom/side of your device, the mixture of letters and numbers you speak of is a WPA2 key.

On that note Windows should offer you the option to input the WPA2 key instead of the WPS.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 review: The best iPad mini and Nexus 7 rival tablet around

IDG UK Sites

Which Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

Samsung lights up London skyline with Midnight Rainbow